Andrea Villa concentrates her practice on international and domestic transactional matters with a focus on aircraft and vessel transactions.
Andrea counsels foreign and domestic corporate and individual clients on issues relating to the acquisition, leasing, and registration of new and pre-owned aircraft, including planning for and implementing tax efficient structures, registering foreign owned aircraft using available alternatives for non-citizens, and ensuring compliance with applicable FAA and DOT regulations. She also assists corporate clients with export control matters, including compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and U.S. economic embargoes administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Andrea earned her Juris Doctorate degree, distinguished Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Miami School of Law, and is admitted to practice in the State of Florida. While in law school, Andrea was awarded the Dean’s Merit Scholarship for her three years of law school. She was an active member of the National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review, and was honored with a publication of her law review article titled “Combatting Narcoterrorism,” in Volume VI of the National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review.
- Aviation Law
- Maritime Law
- Federal Regulatory Compliance
- Author, “Combatting Narcoterrorism,” National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review, Volume VI (2016)
- 2016, J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law
- 2012, B.A., International Studies and Public Relations, University of Miami
- The Florida Bar
- National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review, 2015-2016
- Fluent in Spanish