Stephanie A. Diaz
Stephanie A. Diaz concentrates her practice in the areas of U.S. federal income taxes, international estate planning and corporate matters.
Ms. Diaz earned her J.D. and LL.M. in Taxation at the University of Miami School of Law, concentrating in international tax. Ms. Diaz earned her Bachelor of Arts, cum laude, from Florida State University majoring in Sociology and Political Science.
Ms. Diaz has experience working with tax compliance for U.S. individuals living within the U.S. and abroad, U.S. expatriation, residency planning for nonresidents immigrating to the U.S. as well as Foreign Account Tax Compliance Act (“FATCA”) compliance.
As part of her practice, Ms. Diaz is involved in complex domestic and international transactions, including traditional and reverse like-kind exchanges and the implementation of domestic, offshore, and hybrid structures for U.S. and non-resident individuals.
Ms. Diaz is admitted to practice in the State of Florida and is a member of the Tax and Real Estate, Probate and Trust Law Sections of The Florida Bar.
- Business Transactions
- International Estate Planning
- Tax Compliance
- Immigration Planning
Publications & Engagements
- Co-Speaker, “Domestic Single-Member LLCs: Foreign Related Party Transactions and Filing Obligations,” Transnational Tax Network Conference, Miami, Florida, May 2015
- 2015, J.D./LL.M. in Taxation, University of Miami School of Law
- 2011, B.A., cum laude, Florida State University
- The Florida Bar Association
- Junior League of Miami
- Fluent in Spanish