Andrea Villa concentrates her practice on assisting high-net-worth individuals and companies with international and domestic corporate and business matters with a focus on aircraft and vessel transactions.
Andrea counsels foreign and domestic corporate and individual clients on general transactional issues as well as specific matters relating to the acquisition, financing, leasing, and registration of new and pre-owned aircraft, including planning for and implementing tax-efficient structures, registering foreign-owned aircraft using available alternatives for non-citizens, and ensuring compliance with applicable FAA and DOT regulations. Additionally, Andrea represents all types of borrowers, sellers, and investors in the financing and leasing of aircraft in numerous jurisdictions around the world. She also assists corporate clients with export control matters, including compliance with the Export Administration Regulations (EAR) and U.S. economic embargoes administered by the Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC).
Andrea also has extensive experience representing clients in the yachting industry in connection with a variety of maritime transactions, including purchase and sale, new construction, importation and exportation, leasing, and financing transactions. She regularly counsels clients on yacht ownership and registration structures, state and federal taxing issues, and asset liability and exposure.
Andrea earned her Juris Doctorate degree, distinguished Magna Cum Laude, from the University of Miami School of Law, and is admitted to practice in the State of Florida. She was an Adjunct Co-Professor teaching “Recreational Boating and Cruising” at St. Thomas Law School. Currently, Andrea is the United States Designated Representative of the L2B Aviation Group, the world’s largest and most highly ranked international network of aviation law firms, specializing in providing legal advice to the aviation industry. She is also an active member of the National Business Aviation Association, the ALIANZA LEGAL LATINOAMERICANA, and the International Yacht Brokers Association.
- Aviation Law
- Maritime Law
- Federal Regulatory Compliance
- Florida Sales and Use Tax Planning
- Author, “Combatting Narcoterrorism,” National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review, Volume VI (2016)
- 2016, J.D., magna cum laude, University of Miami School of Law
- 2012-2016, Dean’s Merit Scholarship Recipient, University of Miami School of Law
- 2012, B.A., International Studies and Public Relations, University of Miami
Presentations and Panels
- Recreational Boating and Cruising, Adjunct Co-Professor, St. Thomas Law School, Fall 2020
- Aviation and Taxation: U.S. and International Law, Speaker, Transnational Tax Network (May 2019, Miami, Florida)
- The Florida Bar
- L2B Aviation Group
- National Business Aviation Association
- International Yacht Brokers Association
- National Security and Armed Conflict Law Review, 2015-2016
- Fluent in Spanish